17 of its sites received Gold status, 最高的认可, from the American Heart Association
Uncontrolled diabetes can cause blindness, kidney disease, and lower extremity amputations in adults
NYC Health + Hospitals today announced all 11 of its hospitals and seven of its Gotham Health primary cares sites were recognized by the American Heart Association for their work in helping patients manage their diabetes. 17个站点获得金奖, 最高的认可, for having fewer than 25% of patients with poorly controlled diabetes – defined as A1C, 或者血糖水平, 9%以上，同时保持高血压控制率在70%以上. This is the first year NYC Health + Hospitals has applied for this recognition, and the results highlight the high standard of care to manage diabetes at the health system.
“糖尿病是一种可怕的疾病, 但通过改变生活方式和药物治疗，这是完全可以控制的, and our incredible primary care teams are here to help you through every step,” said NYC Health + Hospitals Vice President and Chief Population Health Officer Nichola Davis, MD. “We’ve made it simple to get tested for diabetes during your primary care 任命, 如果你有糖尿病, you’ll have a team of people on your side to help you achieve your treatment goals, including your provider and nurse as well as additional support from a clinical pharmacist, dietitian, 社区卫生工作者, 甚至是同侪导师.”
“NYC Health + Hospitals/Gotham Health remains committed to provide high quality care to all New Yorkers every day,” said NYC Health + Hospitals/Gotham Health Chief Executive Officer Michelle Lewis. “Our diabetes care teams support patients and provide access to the latest treatments and care.”
“Addressing Type 2 diabetes management is key for better cardiovascular health – and critical today, when heart disease and stroke continue to be leading causes of death for Americans,” said 霍华德安顿下来, MD, MMM, CPE, FACPE, American Heart Association volunteer; consultant, senior medical advisor and adjunct professor of medicine at the University of Maryland School of Medicine; and former executive director of the Maryland Primary Care Program with the Maryland Department of Health. “The American Heart Association is pleased to recognize NYC Health + Hospitals for its commitment to managing patient risk factors related to Type 2 diabetes.”
The sites won the following Target: Type 2 Diabetes awards from the American Heart Association this year:
This is the first year NYC Health + Hospitals has applied for this recognition across the system. The results highlight the high standard of care for diabetes across primary care at NYC Health + Hospitals, 包括以下项目:
- 初级保健中的临床药师 – Clinical pharmacists are integrated members of primary care teams to help diabetes patients manage their medications.
- 有针对性地治疗 – Intensive nurse-led hypertension and diabetes management primary care program for patients who are above their target.
- 慢性病外展 -护士和外展人员联系人数超过1人,000 patients each month with high blood pressure or diabetes to keep them engaged in primary care, with a focus on patients who are uncontrolled and do not have an upcoming visit scheduled.
- 公共卫生团社区卫生工作者 Community Health Workers meet regularly with patients to identify and address barriers to health and well-being, 比如住房, financial, food, 以及法律需求, as well as helping them schedule healthcare 任命s and coordinate transportation.
- 初级保健中的远程视网膜筛查 – Primary care sites offer teleretinal screenings as part of a routine visit for patients with diabetes, 而不需要单独的眼科预约.
- 一个电话就能找到同侪导师 -同侪导师, 能够控制自己的糖尿病并接受培训帮助其他患者的人, can help address each patient’s barriers related to the social determinants of health while inspiring healthy lifestyle behavioral changes.
- 教练在你的口袋智能手机应用程序 —该应用程序提供实时, 个性化的指导, reminders, 和支持, as well as educational tools that are personalized for each patient to monitor and manage their type 2 diabetes. 该应用程序提供药物跟踪, 血糖仪, labs, 活动跟踪器, 文章和视频, 健康的食谱和用户的护理团队.
- 短信和胰岛素调节的支持 – The text-based program optimizes insulin dosing for patients who are on insulin.
- 初级保健中的面对面教育支持 – This includes diabetes classes, one-on-one sessions, patient support groups, and dietitian support.
Nearly one million New Yorkers have diabetes, and about 19 percent are undiagnosed. New Yorkers with obesity are two times more likely as other adults to have diabetes. Adults living in high-poverty neighborhoods are also at least twice as likely to report having diabetes compared to adults living in low-poverty neighborhoods. The average medical expenditures for people with diagnosed diabetes are about $16,752 /年, 大约9美元,其中601例直接归因于糖尿病管理.
Uncontrolled diabetes can cause blindness, kidney disease, and lower extremity amputations in adults. 大多数与糖尿病相关的死亡是由于心血管疾病, 糖尿病使心脏病发作或中风的风险增加一倍. 高血压是导致这些结果的独立危险因素. 因为糖尿病患者有高血压是很常见的, it is even more critical to control blood pressure in patients with diabetes.
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest municipal health care system in the nation serving more than a million New Yorkers annually in more than 70 patient care locations across the city’s five boroughs. 一个强大的门诊网络, neighborhood-based primary and specialty care centers anchors care coordination with the system’s trauma centers, 养老院, 急症后护理中心, 家居护理机构, 以及MetroPlus健康计划——所有这些都得到了11家主要医院的支持. 其多元化的员工超过43人,000名员工专注于为纽约人赋权, 没有例外, 尽可能过最健康的生活. 欲了解更多信息，请访问 1ax423s.msgoodwill.com 保持联系 Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.