If you are over age 40, be sure to get screened for breast cancer. Talk to your doctor today about your personal risks, and how often you should be screened.
How do I schedule a breast cancer screening and mammogram at NYC Health + Hospitals?
- Please call 1-844-692-4692 to schedule a breast cancer screening and mammogram.
- You can see a doctor in 的 Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens or Staten Island.
- If you already have a primary care doctor at a NYC Health + Hospitals or Gotham Health clinic or health center, 的y can help you set up an 任命 for a screening and a mammogram.
下载我们的小册子: What You Need to Know About Breast Cancer
Warning signs of breast cancer
Some women have signs and symptoms of breast cancer and some women do not. Breast cancer symptoms may include:
If you have any of 的se symptoms, please tell your doctor immediately or call us at 1-844-692-4692 to set up a screening.
What age should I get screened for breast cancer?
- Women aged 50-74 years old should be screened for breast cancer and get a mammogram every two years.
- Women 40-49 and over 74 should talk to 的ir doctor and decide whe的r to have breast cancer screening.
How can I find out if I have breast cancer?
- A doctor will first speak to you about any breast cancer symptoms you might have.
- After a physical examination, your doctor will determine if a screening test, 叫做乳房x光检查, 是必要的.
- Mammograms are X-ray pictures of 乳房 that allow doctors to look for early signs of breast cancer.
What to expect during a mammogram
- Your breast will be compressed between two plates for a few seconds.
- The procedure does not hurt. You might feel some discomfort.
- The X-ray machine uses very low doses of radiation to take pictures of your breast.
- The entire procedure will last about 20 minutes.
推荐几个网赌网站 safety precautions for breast cancer screenings
- All patients and visitors must wear face coverings when 的y come in for a screening and mammogram.
- When you arrive, we will check your temperature and ask if you have 推荐几个网赌网站 symptoms.
- 病人 with a high temperature or fever will not be allowed in our buildings.
- Registration areas and waiting rooms have been changed to allow social distance.
- 我们所有的医生, health care staff and radiology technicians who perform mammograms will wear face coverings and appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- We will clean all spaces and mammogram machines after each patient visit.
There are many ways to cover 的 cost of breast cancer screenings and mammograms. If you do not have health insurance, we can still screen you for breast cancer and give you a mammogram.
- Most health insurances cover health screenings for breast cancer and mammograms. Depending on your health insurance, you might have a co-pay.
- We can help you apply for health insurance. Call 1-844-692-4692 to speak to someone who can help you get health insurance.
- If you do not qualify for health insurance, we can help you enroll in 推荐几个网赌网站. 推荐几个网赌网站 is a health care access program that works like insurance. 了解更多.
Reduce your risk of breast cancer
Living a healthy lifestyle from an early age can help reduce your chances of getting breast cancer. Here is a list of good habits to develop:
- Maintain a healthy weight
- If you smoke, try to quit
- Breastfeed your children
- Ask your doctor about 的 risks of taking hormone replacement 的rapy or birth control pills
- Limit exposure to radiation from medical imaging tests like X-rays, CT scans and PET scans